Tuesday, March 20, 2012

You Can Do All Things

Well hello to all, Today i am so stoked! I get to see the sunrise and getting kids ready for school because I am aboutto embark on a new adventure for my life. This is my 2nd practice 3.1 mile run, I will be running three days a week @ 3.1 miles each and going to see how each time goes and if I improve. Here is todays scripture that goes perfectly with today, it comes from 1 Corinthians 9:24, which says, "Do you not know the that in a prize all runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize." Off to the run, bring on the challenge! ..................................... Well I am back and let me tell you, WOW! I was listening to my new playlist and it wa full of Gospel and Christian Jam, very little slow, more upbeat and the songs that kept me going were my #1 fav: Beautiful Name by Zoegirls and #2 I want it all back by Tye Tribbet...In fact I replayed that at least four times. So I start running and get a quarter away from my house and I start to vomit, yes not a good way to talk, but this is the first time I actually got sick during a run. I had shaken it off and when out, even with a elderly gentlemen walker staring on, he probably thought he should help me or not. IDK if anyone would have stop and went home after they got sick but I sure wasnt going to give up. This run began so well, I have ran almost 5 blocks before stopping, and it was all because of a train, the first time. So anyways I ran better than normal, I learned to run but walk run so I can pace myself. It made the run more easier. As soon I knew it I was at the half way mark, and God was still cheering me on....telling me "You can do it darling." It was cloudy outside and even looked like it was going to storm but It was only my father God's way of keeping it cool for me; I felt His gentle breeze nudging me along the way. I was wonderful to even get to the three quarter mark where I can tell you I was so tired, but this was the time I would need to give it my all more and push through the pain just a little bit because I am near my end/the goal/home. I got to the awesome hill! The reason I say awesome is because I am being sarcastic first of all, the hill his near the end of my run and it seems more difficult to run the end with the hill, but i managed. No the breaking point, I run as fast as I can home with no car or person in the way, I near the garage door and stop, breathe, and walk fast inside to see the time, while breathing heavily. I at first saw a time like it was more than last time and to refocus, it was actually better time. I ran the 3.1 miles in 35 minutes today--I totally beat my last run of 45 minutes. Praise God!! I started crying in Joy! I did acheive!! I did "Do all things through Christ that strengthens me" and All things are possible according to God if you believe." I feel awesome and that is that! :) Joyful and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment