Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Stormed Broken Wing

Today I am here to blog obviously, but my subject has been on my heart for many many years. I will be running my first ever 5k ever, its been a dream of mine for so long. I will be blogging my training days, ups and downs and so on..i will let you read on to see my heart felt reason for it.
As a young child i was always active, i was told i could never sit still. Haha, it was funny but true. As i got to my adolescents I began to want to grow into my busyness and use all my energy but it would soon be shut door. Growing up with use clothes and being different got me bullied. Then as i got to teenage years it became worse. Even though I did enter sports such as softball, volleyball, danceline, and cheerleading. I was never the perfect pitcher, the fasted and tallest spiker, the best posture, and even the captain. My shyness ate all my attention up, opportunity for me to be great was as if it didnt exist. I was never a great size in school, I was size 9 til I got to 11th grade and immensely got bigger. I was just...there! I did what all kids did graduated and moved on to college. And slowly lost the bullies and became in a great crowd of people whom like me for me, but it seemed to not be enough. I was busy in school not sports or any activities. As I grew up and finally reaching adulthood my self-esteem dropped, my weight increased and my activity level was lower. I soon to think I would spend my eternity alone..I mean what guy would want me...or at least what great guy would want me? Was a good enough for anyone? I guess that answer was yes..I met this handsome young man who was the better opposite of me, but I was so mezmorized with him and him with me. It happened..someone loved me for me.
As I got married, I had my first child, a daughter, what a cherish moment for me. I loved it, though I wasnt happy with my body, because I reached my highest peak of weight when she was a 1 1/2 yrs old, I hit 235 lbs. I couldnt believe it myself. WOW the agony of defeat of my entire existence! I know i had a baby..this is the beginning to the weight issue I had. Soon time went by..I had my 2nd child, my first son, a thanksgiving baby. I had him and seemed I didnt gain much weight with him and even lost all baby fat right away. I was back to beginner weight with my first child, there seems that something positive was changing. No, as soon I began to be happy with my weight, I became pregnant with third child, has health issues with him and weight stayed on for awhile even after I had him, my 2nd son, whose was to say a brightness to my darkness. Afterhaving him with a c-section, began just to eat whenever I could, eat my self frenzy. I had hard to walking stairs, it was so hard with groceries, plus having three children under ages 6 yrs old too. Once my youngest was beginning preschool I knew I could do something...I could challenge myself, became busy..move as much as possible. Which happen, not having a vehicle helped to that fact that I could walk as much as possible and there would be no excuses. So, I did!!!!
Nearly four years went by and I began to slowly lose little weight, but nothing huge and Im sorry since I was pregnant I had asthma, so health was still an issue but I loved the challenge of walking more, carrying mulit-bags and such..I knew it would help me in some way to get fit.
Now I am few months into going back to college and feeling great about my weight. I get the flu and bam! It doesnt go away, yes I go to dr. to see why the flu took for ever, there I find out I am pregnant again. Not that having a baby was bad news, it wasnt...though the weight would increase. There it be an issue mentally and physically for me. So, I gained weight with my baby and then when I had him weight didnt want to come off. So, once again I was at a size 18-19. I am so shocked. I am tearing up inside, why cant I lose the weight. I love being active, and now Im having a hard time again.
So, 1 1/2 years went by, with great workouts, consistent walking, eating healthier and drinking water I managed to lose 9 inches of my waist. That broken wing was healed, mended and made whole. I was able to soar again and I had been told I didnt have to take my asthma medicine anymore because it wasnt needed since I hadnt been using it for nearly a year with no asthma attacks or problems what so ever.
That is an incredible story for me to share...my weight lost journey and now my weight lose acheivement.
I will soar high now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment