Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Missing Key

I have a old school treadmill at home that I got for free at a garage sale. It works great and at the beginning the kids loved it more. To be I would just stare at it and let it get dusty.
Since I lost my inches I began to run on it, even set goals to run on it. I even made a couple playlist to listen to while I ran.
I use the treadmill more now because I am not able to run outside as mush as would love to, it helps in so many ways and I focus so much better than if I am actually running on the road.
When I am on the road running feeling the breeze, rain, and sweat of me, I feel like I have reason to stop, though near the end I love to run faster...its if God just picks me up and soar me like a eagle home.
With running on the treadmill, yes I am limited but I am more focus, and truly dont have to stop for anything..no traffic, no excuse to stop, of course unless im tired.
I will like Im running a great marathon and so many people that love and care for me are cheering me on, waiting for me at the finish line.
Well, here is where I come to the story of the missing key.
This treadmill is old school so the key is a plastic piece you slide in the it turns on, not a real key. So, I put the key down, and it has been nearly a month since the keys has been missing. I had to be forced to place the treadmill in the garage til I find the key. Its depressing because that gave me another reason to cut back on my running which turned around and made it harder to consistantly do my workouts.
Needless to say key is still missing, and I am getting tired of my own attitude and excuses. THe key is someone in the house and now its time to just open my mouth and ask God, " Give me the eyes to see, clear my vision God, tell me specifically where it is and I will find it." I have asked but never sat it quiet to listen. No more miss nice girl, workouts will be consistant and I will be workingout and doing other things to strengthen my legs like just running up and down my stairs a few 12 sets or so. That has gotta help.

So, I have explain in detail I hope enough..if not feel free to ask. Starting tomorrow ...Soaring 2 Fly begins her training to her 1st 5k, and I am so excited. Third week of June is always the 5k/10k, walk or run. I have made this goal 2 yrs ago, and will be acheived this June 2012. I hope to run 14 minutes in this 5k (=3.1miles). I last ran 7.1 minutes in a mile, so lets she is I can acheive this. Training starts officailly tomorrow January 9, 2012 and you will witness every bit of it. I will be blogging from January 9, 2012 to June 30, 2012, which includes run and feelings afterwards.

1 comment:

  1. You sound motivated and confident which is always a great factor. June will be here before you know it. Keep up the good work. I'm rooting for you girl:-)!

    ReplyDelete